End users can use BMC Helix Virtual Agent for self-help by searching for knowledge articles. After finding the relevant article, end users can resolve their queries without interacting with a support agent.
To ensure that relevant knowledge articles are provided to the end-users, BMC Helix Virtual Agent supports the following search providers:
- BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround
- Cognitive search
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced (Full-text search)
You can configure BMC Helix Virtual Agent to search across multiple providers to provide relevant search results.
BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround
Use BMC Helix Knowledge Management by ComAround as one of the search providers for chatbot and boost your knowledge base with an extensive Article-Pack that supports service desk agents and customers using software from Microsoft, Google, Adobe, and Zoom. As an administrator, you can synchronize the knowledge base from BMC Helix ITSM: Knowledge Management with BMC Helix Knowledge Management and include the knowledge articles in chatbot search.
BMC Helix Knowledge Management knowledge provides the following benefits:
- Multi-language support that reduces translation costs
- Knowledge articles that contains screenshots and videos
Use the enhanced cognitive and natural language processing search capabilities that matches paragraphs in relevant knowledge articles with the end users' queries and displays the paragraphs in the search results. As an administrator, you crawl the knowledge base from BMC Helix ITSM: Knowledge Management to IBM Watson Discovery and include the knowledge articles from BMC Helix ITSM: Knowledge Management in cognitive search.
Use cognitive knowledge search to achieve the following benefits:
- Customize how your documents are indexed to display relevant information.
- Securely explore your proprietary content.
- Apply the following additional enrichments:
- Keyword extraction
- Entity extraction
- Concept tagging
- Sentiment analysis through Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- Category classification
BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced (Full-text search)
Use knowledge base from BMC Helix ITSM: Knowledge Management in chatbot search by using full-text (FTS). FTS is the default search provided by BMC Helix Virtual Agent.
Use FTS to achieve the following benefits:
- Identify stem words and return results accordingly.
- Add weightage to words depending on where they appear—in a title, a keyword, or the text that is being searched.
Enabling integration with BMC Helix Knowledge Management
Setting up knowledge search and knowledge resources for chatbot
Log in or register to comment.