Enabling summarization of chat conversations
As an application business analyst, you enable summarization for each chatbot to ensure that support agents receive a summary of the chat conversations. The summary helps the agent to accelerate resolution by quickly understanding the end user’s issue.
This capability uses the BMC Helix Innovation Suite summarization service. The summarization service is an optional service that requires the purchase of BMC Helix Cognitive Automation. If summarization is not enabled, the agent only receives the chatbot and end-user transcript of the conversation.
How chat summarization works
The following example describes how chat conversations are summarized for support agents:
To enable summarization for a chatbot
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio.
- On the Workspace tab, select the application in which you have created the chatbot for which you want to configure the topics.
Example: BMC Chatbot
- Click the Chatbots tab and select the chatbot for which you want to enable summarization.
Example: IT Bot
- Click the Live Agent Settings tab and then click Summarization.
- Select the Enable Summarization check box.
- In Minimum Number of Sentences to Trigger Summarization, enter the required value.
When a chat conversation consists of the number of sentences that you have specified in this field, the summarization service is triggered and the chat summary is generated.
Note: The default minimum value of this field is 5, and you can enter a value between 5-100.
In Summarization Percentage, enter the required value in percentage.
This is the percentage of sentences you want to extract from the chat conversation.
Note: The default value is 50, and you can enter a value between 1-50.
- Click Save.
Leveraging live chat capability
Log in or register to comment.