Configuring ComAround search in BMC Helix Virtual Agent
As an administrator, configure ComAround in BMC Helix Virtual Agent if you want end users to be able to search the following knowledge resources:
- An extensive Article-Pack in ComAround that supports service desk agents and customers using software from Microsoft, Google, Adobe, and Zoom.
- Knowledge articles from BMC Helix ITSM: Knowledge Management that are synchronized to ComAround.
Workflow for configuring ComAround search in BMC Helix Virtual Agent
The following image shows the steps to configure ComAround search:
Synchronize the out-of-the-box and custom knowledge article templates from BMC Helix ITSM: Knowledge Management with ComAround.
Add BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced credentials in BMC Helix Virtual Agent.
|To add BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced client application credentials|
Define ComAround knowledge as a search provider for chatbot.
|Defining a knowledge search provider for chatbot|
After configuring ComAround search in BMC Helix Virtual Agent, the following parameters of the knowledge article are not displayed to the end users:
- The updated time stamp of the article.
- The updated view count and up or down votes of an article are displayed after periodic synchronization of the articles.
- End users can view the complete article in the chatbot web UI. The articles cannot be launched from the chatbot.