BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk service
This topic provides BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk customers with information specific to service operations. For BMC Service Desk product-specific documentation, visit the Product Overview page.
The following items are documented for this service:
The BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk service is available with the purchase of any of the following line items from your ordering document:
|License||Unit of Measurement||Service location|
|BMC Helix ITSM - Service Desk User License||per named user - SaaS|
U.S. Commercial A
U.S. Public Sector
U.S. Commercial A AWS
Asia Pacific AWS
South Africa AWS
Canada Government AWS
|BMC Helix ITSM - Service Desk Concurrent User License||per concurrent user - SaaS|
|BMC Helix ITSM (Public Sector) - Service Desk User License||per named user - SaaS||U.S. Public Sector|
|BMC Helix ITSM (Public Sector) - Service Desk Concurrent User License||per concurrent user - SaaS|
|BMC Helix ITSM on AWS (FedRAMP) - Service Desk User License||per named user - SaaS|
|BMC Helix ITSM on AWS (FedRAMP) - Service Desk Concurrent User License||per concurrent user - SaaS|
|BMC Helix ITSM on AWS (FedRAMP Impact Level 4) - Service Desk User License||per named user - SaaS||U.S. FedRAMP GovCloud|
|BMC Helix ITSM on AWS (FedRAMP Impact Level 4)) - Service Desk Concurrent User License||per concurrent user - SaaS|
With the "per named user - SaaS" unit of measurement, each named user accessing the application has an assigned license that is not available to other users.
With the "per concurrent user - SaaS" unit of measurement, a concurrent user accesses the application from a pool of shared licenses if one is available.
Users accessing the service via the BMC Helix Digital Workplace portal, commonly referred to as end users, require only a Read license type; however, if a user is assigned a named or concurrent license and accesses via this portal, they are consuming their assigned license type. A Read license enables a user to submit and modify requests as part of the BMC Helix Digital Workplace entitlement.
The following applications, features and utilities are available with the purchase of BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk:
Entitlements - BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk applications, features and utilities
*For versions 21.02 and later
For additional details, see BMC Helix ITSM application components.
A purchase of a BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk subscription entitles the customer to the following BMC Helix Digital Workplace Basic named users:
- For each named BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk license, 100 named BMC Helix Digital Workplace Basic licenses
- For each concurrent BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk license, 250 named BMC Helix Digital Workplace Basic licenses
If these entitlements are not enough for your organization, additional capacity may be purchased via the BMC Helix Digital Workplace Basic service.
Additional license terms
The following additional terms apply to the BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk service:
- A user license is needed for all interactions with the BMC Helix ITSM applications provided by BMC, even if customized. There is no free read access to these ITSM applications from BMC.
- Licensing terms and conditions are as defined in the governing master agreement and take precedence over any published description from this site.
- Entitlements are subject to change.
- Non-production environments are configured with the same license capacity as the production environment.
- User licenses cannot be shared between multiple users; each user license entitles one user access to all license capabilities referenced above and these entitlements may not be split between multiple users.
- Purchased licenses are only valid on one production environment.
- Each user can have only one license type - fixed, concurrent or read.
- A concurrent user license is consumed from the pool as soon as the user logs into the system and is held for a minimum of one hour in case of inactivity.
- It is recommended that users with the Administrator permission have a fixed license assigned to avoid being locked out of the system. Each customer must have a minimum three named user licenses.
- Integrations into the BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk service may not be used to circumvent user licensing.
- A maximum device limit of three (3) is applied to BMC Helix Digital Workplace Basic licenses. Purchasing BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced removes this restriction.
An ITSM Service Desk user named or concurrent license entitles the user with a Smart Reporting license of the same type, as long as it is used for reporting against BMC Helix ITSM applications or extensions thereof. The Smart Reporting component may not be used for reporting on non-ITSM applications that are independent of the BMC Helix ITSM solution. Use for non-ITSM application or for reporting from other data sources require that a license be procured by the customer directly with Yellowfin. Note that BMC now offers a new powerful dashboard and reporting option with BMC Helix Dashboards.
Select customers approved by BMC will keep the BMC Helix Innovation Studio - Reporting User service up to April 2023.
- Read license capacity is limited to the BMC Helix Digital Workplace Basic entitlement capacity or the number of BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced purchased capacity.
- Certain fixed licenses are configured by BMC for use in-application and for the purposes of providing support to the customer. These licenses are not billed to the customer.
Your purchase of BMC Helix ITSM Service Desk provides the following environments:
- Quality Assurance
Additional environments are available for any BMC Helix service for an additional fee. See Helix additional environment option.
The following optional add-ons are also available for an additional fee:
- BMC Helix ITSM Suite
- BMC Helix Service Optimization
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced (including Live Chat)
- BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker