BMC Helix iPaaS service
This topic provides BMC Helix iPaaS customers with information specific to service operations. For BMC Helix iPaaS product-specific documentation, visit the Product overview page.
BMC Helix iPaaS is an integration solution that offers connectors and out-of-the box integrations to address advanced business process and system integration challenges for digital enterprises.
BMC provides the following services:
- BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by Jitterbit - Platform and OOTB integration capabilities / templates
- BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by MuleSoft - Only OOTB connectors and integration templates
The following items are documented for this service:
BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by Jitterbit, or powered by MuleSoft, can also be used for BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker. For more information on BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker, see BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Broker service.
BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by Jitterbit
The BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by Jitterbit service provides you with access to the Jitterbit Harmony integration and API platform. It may be purchased from BMC with one or more of the following licenses:
|License||Unit of Measurement|
|BMC Helix iPaaS||per instance - SaaS|
|BMC Helix iPaaS - Additional Capacity||per instance - SaaS|
|BMC Helix iPaaS - Additional Endpoints||each|
|BMC Helix iPaaS - Additional 1 Million API calls per month||each|
|BMC Helix iPaaS - Additional 20 API URLs||each|
|BMC Helix iPaaS - Additional Private Agent||each|
|BMC Helix iPaaS - Template Bundle||per enterprise|
Please refer to Service location for available datacenter locations.
With the "per instance - SaaS" unit of measurement, you are provided with access to one Jitterbit Harmony platform.
With the "each" unit of measurement, one license provides entitlements for all templates available in the bundle.
With the "per enterprise - SaaS" unit of measurement, an enterprise is defined as one instance of any combination of available Helix services. For example, you may purchase BMC Helix Remedy Service Management, BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced and BMC Helix Virtual Agent all under one BMC Helix Platform enterprise license. If you need a separate BMC Helix Service Management instance at any time, another platform must be purchased.
With the purchase of this platform you are provided one Jitterbit "organization" that may be sub-divided by your administrator into different environments that are logically separated from one another. If different administrators need to manage their own segregated organization, you must purchase an additional platform license.
BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by MuleSoft
The BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by MuleSoft service provides you with only access to OOTB connectors and templates from BMC, and does not include the MuleSoft platform. BMC customers must purchase the MuleSoft platform directly from MuleSoft in order to use this service.
Unit of Measurement
BMC Helix iPaaS, for MuleSoft – Premium Content
With the "each" unit of measurement, one license provides entitlements for all connectors and templates available in the license.
License entitlements for BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by Jitterbit
The following applications, features and utilities are available with the purchase of the BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by Jitterbit:
|Entitlements - BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by Jitterbit applications and features|
Jitterbit Harmony components including:
|Entitlements - BMC Helix iPaaS - Template Bundle|
License entitlements for BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by MuleSoft - Premium Content
The following applications, features and utilities are available with the purchase of the BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by MuleSoft:
|Entitlements - BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by MuleSoft applications and features|
BMC Helix iPaaS, for MuleSoft – Premium Content components are available to download from BMC's Electronic Product Distribution site and include:
Additional license terms
The following additional terms apply to the BMC Helix iPaaS, by Jitterbit service:
- Licensing terms and conditions are as defined in the governing master agreement and take precedence over any published description from this site.
- Entitlements are subject to change.
- For each instance purchased, you are limited to the following:
- Up to three application endpoints - review Supported Endpoints and Protocols for a complete list of standards-based connectors. As an example, if you need connections from BMC Helix ITSM to Jira and BMC Helix ITSM to SAP Business Objects, this would be three application endpoints.
- Up to four private agents - a private agent is an integration runtime environment that operates from your own server or private cloud. See Private Agents for additional detail including system requirements and installation instructions.
- Up to three million API calls per month - see API Manager for more information on the Harmony API platform.
- Up to 20 API URLs - a Jitterbit integration template provides a step-by-step guide for configuring an integration for a specific use case. Once built, an integration template can be exposed as a REST API, callable from external applications. Each integration built with this API consumes just one API URL. You are allowed up to 20 unique Jitterbit custom API URL registrations in each organization. This is required when dealing with a legacy system that doesn't offer REST APIs and enables customers to generate an API URL to make the REST calls.
- Up to 1 Private Gateway - Jitterbit’s API Gateway receives API requests, passes the requests to the Jitterbit Agent and/or backend application, and then passes the response back to the requesting app as needed. The gateway provides authentication, security, throttling, analytics, and validation of any and every API. Jitterbit’s API gateway is capable of leveraging Harmony’s integration and transformation engine with the ability to access virtually any backend software and modify the request/response. There are two gateway options: the Jitterbit Cloud Gateway hosted by Jitterbit (backed by AWS), or your own Jitterbit Private Gateway that is installed locally on hardware behind the End User firewall.
- Purchase of the Additional Capacity or Additional Endpoints line item has a pre-requisite purchase of the base platform.
- Use of the BMC Helix iPaaS requires that one application endpoint in each integration be a BMC product.
- Template Bundle is pushed out on the first Wednesday of each month. You may use the content as soon as it becomes available. You will download the content from the Product Download Tool .
The following additional terms apply to the BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by MuleSoft service:
- You must purchase the MuleSoft platform directly from MuleSoft to use BMC iPaaS, powered by MuleSoft services.
BMC Helix iPaaS Metric Definitions
Metric (Base SKU)
Application Endpoints/End User
Each connection Jitterbit establishes between BMC and another application (BMC or 3rd party).
➔Only production instances are counted for endpoints. This means that if a customer has multiple environments (i.e. production, QA, Dev), only the production instance is counted as one endpoint.
➔3 BMC endpoints are counted as 1 for license purpose for every base or capacity SKU.
➔When the generic technology-based connectors are used (e.g. HTTP), all the APIs for the same application are counted as one endpoint.
Salesforce Service Cloud syncing foundational (employee) data with Helix ITSM. In this end-to-end use case, 2 endpoints are consumed.
An agent is what executes the operations. There are two types of agents, Cloud and Private. The primary difference is their location. Cloud Agents are maintained and managed by Jitterbit, located on Jitterbit’s cloud platform. Private Agents are hosted and managed by the client and either reside locally or on other cloud platforms (ex. AWS, Azure, GCP) depending on where you need to run the operation. Private Agent provides choice for transaction data to flow directly from source application to target w/o going via Jitterbit cloud.
For a cloud agent, the example is a customer who has implemented a DevOps/ITSM use case between Helix ITSM and Github where the agent runs on the Jitterbit platform. This does not count against your allotment of agents. In the case of a private agent, a customer is running the agent behind their firewall for an SAP connection with Helix ITSM to sync foundational data. This would count against your 4 private agents.
3M API Calls/Month
The maximum number of API calls for the month (ex. 3 million API calls per month / 43,200 minutes per month = 69.4 calls per minute) – allows for more than 1 transaction per second. Dev and Test usage for API calls is also counted for licensing. These are the calls to the published API URLs.
This only applies to integrations where there is an extremely high volume of API calls (i.e. near real time integration vs. batch processing). A common example could be a ticket synchronization between Helix ITSM and another Service Management solution or syncing with a discovery tool.
Total number of unique Jitterbit custom API URL registrations that are created and called in each environment during the year.
This is a case when one is dealing with a legacy system that doesn’t offer REST APIs. Jitterbit enables customers to generate an API URL to make the REST calls.
Jitterbit’s API Gateway receives API requests, passes the requests to the Jitterbit Agent and/or backend application, and then passes the response back to the requesting app as needed. The gateway provides authentication, security, throttling, analytics, and validation of any and every API.
BMC Helix iPaaS includes a Cloud API Gateway hosted by Jitterbit, but customers have the option to host their own Client Gateway.
Your purchase of the BMC Helix iPaaS, powered by Jitterbit service provides you with access to one platform, subject to the usage constraints listed above. In Jitterbit terminology, an environment is a secure, virtual container located within the Harmony cloud where you can deploy projects. You can create multiple environments on one platform, for example, you may want to create development, test and production environments. You may also create environments by geography, departments or clients/partners. How you define your environments is based upon your individual business requirements.
- BMC Helix iPaaS - Additional Capacity
- BMC Helix iPaaS - Additional Endpoints
- BMC Helix iPaaS - Template Bundle
- BMC Helix iPaaS - Additional 1 Million API calls per month
- BMC Helix iPaaS - Additional 20 API URLs
the link BMC Helix iPaaS - Premium Content , says page not found.
Thanks Amit, Priya has updated the BMC Helix iPaaS - Premium Content and I can confirm it's working.
More updates to come from BMC Helix iPaaS in the coming weeks.
The link to "BMC Helix iPaaS - Template Bundle " is not working for me.
Thank you for letting us know about the broken link. I have updated the broken link.
Team, For this point "Standard environments" Does the customer have the possibility to generate other environments at no extra cost? Thanks!
Thank you for the comment, Edwing.
Our default, standard offering does not include additional environments at no extra cost. This needs to be taken up with the iPaaS Product Management directly.
Log in or register to comment.