BMC Helix Cognitive Automation service
This topic provides BMC Helix Cognitive Automation customers with information specific to service operations. For BMC Helix Cognitive Automation product-specific documentation, see .
IBM Watson Assistant will be retiring its Tone Analyzer capability by February 2023, a user sentiment detection within the BMC Helix ITSM application. BMC will no longer activate new BMC Helix ITSM customers with IBM Watson's Tone Analyzer capability effective April 13th, 2022. BMC is reviewing options with IBM for potential replacement capabilities for its intelligent user sentiment detection.
The following items are documented for this service:
The BMC Helix Cognitive Automation service is available with the purchase of BMC Helix ITSM and/or BMC Helix Custom Applications subscription licenses and any of the following line items from your ordering document:
|License||Unit of Measurement||Service location|
|BMC Helix Cognitive Automation - 1000 API Calls||per API call - SaaS|
U.S. Commercial A
U.S. Public Sector
U.S. Commercial A AWS
Asia Pacific AWS*
South Africa AWS*
*Note that services utilizing IBM Watson Assistant capabilities will have data stored outside of the AWS service location.
|BMC Helix Cognitive Automation for Bring your own IBM Watson - 1000 API Calls|
|BMC Helix Cognitive Automation for Bring Your Own Google - 1000 API Calls|
With the "per API call - SaaS" unit of measurement, an API call refers to each interaction sent from an on-premises software product or cloud service to a BMC Helix service.
With the "per document - SaaS" unit of measurement, a document is defined as a record or file that is queried through the service. A license is required for the average number of documents stored on an hourly basis through the service for each calendar month.
The following applications, features, and utilities are available with the purchase of BMC Helix Cognitive Automation:
Entitlements - BMC Helix Cognitive Automation applications, features, and utilities
Additional license terms
The following additional terms apply to the BMC Helix Cognitive Automation service:
- Licensing terms and conditions are as defined in the governing master agreement and take precedence over any published description from this site.
- Entitlements are subject to change.
- Non-production environments are configured with the same license capacity as the production environment.
- Purchased licenses are only valid in one production environment.
- API calls are counted for the following use cases:
- Cognitive assignment - using the trained cognitive service to automatically categorize the new data on the forms
- Cognitive change risk assessment - using the trained cognitive service to analyze change requests for risk level recommendations
- Cognitive email responses - using the trained cognitive service to respond to users' emails with Remedy Knowledge articles or Digital Workplace Catalog
- Cognitive root cause assessment - using the trained cognitive service to analyze problem investigations for root cause recommendations
For all the preceding use cases, see .
- - used when a ticket is passed from a Chatbot to a live agent
Your purchase of BMC Helix Cognitive Automation provides the following environments:
- Quality Assurance
Additional environments are available for any BMC Helix service for an additional fee. See BMC Helix additional environment option.
There are no add-on services available for BMC Helix Cognitive Automation.