BMC Helix Automation Console service
This topic provides an overview of the BMC Helix Automation Console offering. For BMC Helix Automation Console product-specific information, visit the Product Overview page .
BMC Helix Automation Console services are available with the purchase of any of the following line items from your ordering document:
Unit of Measurement
|BMC Helix Automation Console for Servers||per asset - average server endpoint - SaaS|
|BMC Helix Automation Console for Devices||per asset - average device endpoint - SaaS|
|BMC Helix Automation Console for Servers (FedRAMP)||per asset - average server endpoint - SaaS|
|BMC Helix Automation Console for Devices (FedRAMP)||per asset - average device endpoint - SaaS|
Please refer to Service location for available datacenter locations.
With the "per asset - average server endpoint - SaaS" unit of measurement, a subscription is required for the highest monthly average of server endpoints monitored, managed or discovered by the service. “Server endpoints” include any virtual or physical computer that provides a service for other computers or users connected to it via the Internet, extranet, intranet, or other networked technologies. Each virtual machine, regardless of the environment it is hosted in, is considered a server endpoint.
With the “per asset– average device endpoint – SaaS” unit of measurement, a subscription is required for the highest monthly average of Device endpoints monitored, managed or discovered by the service(s). A “Device Endpoint” is a Network device (e.g., router, switch, hub, firewall, SDN) either standalone or chassis-based device/card/processor using a unique-IP address (also includes virtual network devices managed through the IP address of its physical host).
Additional license terms
The following additional terms apply to the BMC Helix Automation Console service:
- Licensing terms and conditions are as defined in the governing master agreement and take precedence over any published description from this site.
- Entitlements are subject to change.
- There is a 500,000 asset violation limit for every 1,000 endpoints.
- There is a database storage limit of 5 GB for every 1,000 endpoints. Additional storage space may be purchased if needed.
- License usage is calculated in aggregate over the term of the order and is not limited to the capacity purchased per month. For example, if you purchase a quantity of 500 assets on a two year term, you may use up to 12,000 assets (500 * 24 months) over the term of the order, regardless of the individual distribution by month.
TrueSight Server Automation
is a pre-requisite purchase for BMC Helix Automation Console for Servers.
- TrueSight Network Automation is a pre-requisite purchase for BMC Helix Automation Console for Devices.
Your purchase of BMC Helix Automation Console provides the following environment:
If your IT Operations Management subscription services are accompanied by any IT Service Management subscription services, you will also receive a standard QA environment, in addition to Development and a Production environment.
Purchasing the BMC Helix Automation Console service also requires its corresponding on premises component as follows:
- TrueSight Server Automation for BMC Helix Automation Console for Servers
- TrueSight Network Automation for BMC Helix Automation Console for Devices
This product may be purchased under a separate licensing agreement and must be installed prior to activation of the BMC Helix Automation Console service.
The BMC Helix Automation Console for Servers service is compatible with TSSA version 21.02 and higher. Installation, configuration and upgrade of TSSA is the customer's responsibility.
The BMC Helix Automation Console for Devices service is compatible with TSNA version 22.1 and higher. Installation, configuration and upgrade of TSNA is the customer's responsibility.
Is Network automation also part of the offering , if so kindly update .
Thank you, Amit, for the query.
No, TrueSight Network Automation is not a part of the BMC Helix Automation Console offering.
TrueSight Network Automation can be used with TrueSight Automation Console.
Log in or register to comment.