BMC Helix Automation Console activation
Activation of your BMC Helix Automation Console service includes the provisioning of one production environment.
As activation completes, BMC sends you an email message with the API key for the production environment, along with general information about accessing and using your service. The URL for your BMC Helix Automation Console service follows this format:
BMC Helix Automation Console dashboard:
- Production environment: https://<customerprefix>-remediate.onbmc.com
- Production also accessible via BMC Helix Portal under https:// <customerprefix>-itom.onbmc.com
You will define <customerprefix> when registering your service in the BMC SaaS registration portal. This prefix must be unique and may not contain special characters.
Customers can customize the text within <customerprefix>. BMC determines the customer-specific URL and custom URL naming conventions are not allowed.
Activation activities include the following steps as shown in the following diagrams:
- Provision the BMC Automation Console environment:
- Production—Your production environment is for customer-authorized users and provides access to the live, operational system. This environment is directly managed by the BMC SaaS Operations team and is monitored and proactively managed with BMC tools to ensure BMC meets or exceeds its service level agreement.
- Configure an FTP server to be used for the download of the API connector
- Confirm with the customer's technical contact that a compatible version of the TrueSight Server Automation or TrueSight Network Automation for BMC Helix Automation Console product has been installed on the customer's premises and the IP address and port number have been communicated to the BMC activation team. This is required before the final test can commence.
- Test and verify that the BMC Helix Automation Console solution is available and accessible
To configure the on-premises TrueSight Server Automation and TrueSight Network Automation for BMC Helix Automation Console product, see: