BMC Helix Platform licensing model
BMC Helix Platform enables developers to license the applications that are created by using BMC Helix Innovation Studio. You can assign licenses to applications that are created by BMC, partners, and customers.
Licensing an application is beneficial in the following ways:
- Control access to your application.
- Protect the intellectual property of your organization.
- Reduce management costs, and adhere to your organization's compliance policies.
When you license an application, a named license is available. The named license is always associated with that user name and is reserved for that user. A named license enables a user to view, create, modify, and save the service requests.
The following image describes the workflow for licensing an application:
The following table lists the application that you want to use and the associated license that must be assigned to the user:
BMC Helix Platform license
Allows an end User to use a coded custom application built by the Customer themselves.
Allows an end User to use a licensed application distributed by BMC.
Allows an end User to use a licensed application distributed by a BMC partner.
- To use a BMC or Partner application, only an application license needs to be assigned to the user.
To use a custom application, only the BMC Helix Platform license must be assigned to the user. After this license is assigned, a user can access and use all the custom applications that are deployed in that system for a tenant.
If a licensed application has a fixed number of licenses assigned to a tenant, then the tenant administrator must assign a license to the individual end user who needs access to the application.
- If a licensed application has unlimited number of licenses assigned to a tenant, then the tenant administrator need not assign a license to individual end user. The end users can user the application without a license.
- To log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio, you must have administrator permission and BMC Helix Platform User Named license.
- When BMC SaaS Operations creates an administrator, the BMC Helix Platform license is automatically assigned to the administrator. However, if the administrator creates a second administrator, then the first administrator must manually assign the BMC Helix Platform license to that user. For more information, see Assigning application licenses to users.
- A BMC or partner-developed application can be set to have unlimited licensed users for all tenants. For such applications, the BMC SaaS Operations must assign at least one license to each tenant and unlimited users in that tenancy can access the application.
Where to go from here
|If you are a developer, license your application by using Maven archetype.
|Applying a license to your application
|If you are an administrator, assign licenses to users.
|Assigning application licenses to users