Validating and verifying a PIN value
BMC Helix Platform has Verify Pin as a Process and Rule designer element. This element provides a functionality of validating and verifying PIN value provided by a user.
You can set the Verify Pin element in the Process or Rule designer. By using Verify Pin element, you can compare the PIN value entered in Person data with the PIN value given by the user.
Alternatively, you can validate the PIN value by using REST APIs.
To configure Verify Pin element in the Process designer
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Workspace tab.
- Select the application where you want to verify the PIN value.
- In the application, go to the Processes tab and click New.
- From the Process designer Palette section, select the Verify Pin element.
- Navigate to the Properties pane on the right side of the screen, and select the record definition in which store hashed field ID is saved.
For more information about the store hashed functionality, see Encrypting fields.
From the Gateways section, drag and drop Exclusive gateway element.
Define boolean expression for Exclusive gateway using Verify Pin output value.
For example, if the PIN values match, set the output as 1 (True), and if the values do not match, set the output as 0 (False).
Verify Pin element returns boolean value which can be used with exclusive gateway to attain the expected goal.
- Select Field ID and Record ID, and click OK, as shown in the following image:
- Enter PIN which is already stored and needs verification and click OK.
- Click Save.
The following image illustrates the example of Verify Pin element and the consequent messages that are displayed if the PIN verification is successful or not: