Updating applications by using update packages
Application business analysts and developers can create update packages of codeless applications on dedicated shared systems. Administrators can use the update packages to deploy incremental changes of codeless applications to test or production environments. For example, updates such as application fixes, newly-added features, or changed configuration data.
Before you begin
Ensure that you complete the following actions:
- Create a codeless application in Innovation Studio and customized the application as per your requirement.
- Create an update package by using a development or tailoring environment.
To update applications by using the update package
After you create an application package, you can import the update package to apply the incremental changes to the application.
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Workspace tab.
Select the application that you want to package.
The application details are displayed.
- Click Actions > Update Application.
The Update Application window appears as shown in the following image:
Provide the following information:UI elementDescription
Upload tab Select and upload the package for import by performing the following steps:
- Click Upload.
- Browse and select the ZIP file of the update package that you want to upload.
For example, select the ZIP file com.example.workorder-1.0.0-to-2.0.0-update.zip.
- Click Next.
Update tab Click Update to import the update package and install the incremental changes for an application.
The application's incremental changes get uploaded, and the updated definitions are available for use in BMC Helix Innovation Studio.