Setting the default support group for an agent
You can select a default support group out of a list of support groups assigned to an agent. An administrator or any user with the appropriate Foundation Write permissions can set the default support group for agents, so that agents can take up service tickets without having to worry about selecting a support group first.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have added Organization data. For more information, see Creating or modifying Organization data.
Guidelines and limitations for default support groups
- The default support group for an agent can be changed, but it cannot be removed.
- Default support groups are never set automatically. Users with appropriate Foundation Write permissions must manually set the default support groups for agents.
- The default support group field is left blank if a user removes an agent's association with a default support group.
The association with the default support group is removed if a user removes the agent from a support group (member or associate member), which is also the default support group.
- If the default support group is manually changed in BMC Helix Innovation Studio, any changes to the default support group in BMC Remedy IT Service Management (Remedy ITSM) are ignored.
To set the default support group
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Administration tab.
- Select Foundation Data > Manage People, and then edit a person record.
- In the Edit Person UI, click Advanced, and then click Support.
Select the organization that you want to assign as the default support group and then click Set as Default Group.
The default support group is set for this agent and it is displayed on the Edit Person screen.
You cannot edit the Default Support Group field on the Edit Person UI.