Process designer interface
Process designer helps you to design processes for your Digital Service application. Process designer is a visual tool is based on Business Process Model and Notation 2.0 (BPMN) standards. It has elements that can be dragged and dropped on the canvas to create a process. You can also extend the existing Process designer and add your own functionality as suited to your business requirement.
Process designer works in conjunction with other designers of the BMC Helix Innovation Studio such as the record, association, and rule. All the artifacts created by other designers are brought together in the Process designer while creating a process.
- A process uses records created from Record designer to carry out a task defined in the process. For example, if you are creating an Employee Onboarding process, the new employee details such as name, last name, employee ID are the different records created in the Record designer.
- A process uses associations to perform record instance navigation and to navigate to associated record instances. For example, while working on a change management process you can navigate from the Change record to the Customer record, without changing the record context.
Process designer features
Here are some key features of Process designer:
- Visual designer - It is a visual workflow designer tool that requires minimum knowledge of coding or programming. As the processes are displayed on the canvas, it improves communication on describing the business procedures. You can see the process flows runtime, thus giving improved supportability. You can build processes by easily dragging and dropping elements on the Process designer palette.
- Process Dashboard - The Manage processes tab is a dashboard of your business activities. Using this dashboard you can search and view all the processes defined in the Process designer. You can also view the details of Active, Suspended, Completed and Failed processes. There is also an option to perform actions like suspend, resume, or cancel processes from here.
The Process designer being a powerful tool can help you design with very complex business processes with ease. Using this visual designer you can:
- have multiple processes interact with each other,
- have multiple processes embedded in a bigger process.
To access the Process designer
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Workspace tab.
- Select the application in which you want to create a process.
- In the application, click the Processes tab, and click New.
The Process designer is displayed.
Process designer interface details
The following image describes the Process designer interface:
|1||Palette||Contains tabs to manage process elements and search options for process elements.|
|2||Process Elements||Contains process elements that you selected from the Manage Palette tab.|
|3||Favorites||Contains process elements that you marked as favorite in the Manage Palette tab.|
|4||Recent||Contains elements that you used recently to create a business process.|
Contains a list of all process elements that Process designer offers. You can mark these elements as favorites or select only those that you want BMC Helix Innovation Studio to display on the Process elements tab.
|6||Process Tool bar||Contains tools for common operations such as zoom, clear canvas, and adjust canvas grid.|
|7||Process Information||Contains information about the process such as process name and parameters and permissions assigned to the process.|
|8||JSON||Shows JSON of the process definition. It is for troubleshooting.|
|9||Element Information||Shows properties of the selected element that is used in the process design.|
|10||Process Validation||Shows warnings if the process is invalid for any reason.|
|11||Canvas||Is the area where process elements are placed to design the process.|
Defining the application business logic through processes
Log in or register to comment.