Mapping the REST API web service request alias to an appropriate connection
You can connect your application to the REST API web service of another application without using code or connectors. After configuring web requests in a business process, an alias is created for the web request. An alias is a placeholder for tenant-specific configurations. To ensure that the appropriate authentication credentials are used when a RESTful web service is invoked from the business process, administrators must map the alias with the appropriate web API connection.
For example, if you want to connect to a JIRA RESTful service, you must map the JIRA Web API alias with JIRA connection. Administrators should have already configured the JIRA connection with authentication credentials.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have created the REST APl web service request definition. For more information, see Creating a REST API web service request definition.
- Ensure that you have configured the authentication credentials of the REST web service. For more information, see Configuring authentication credentials of a RESTful web service.
- Ensure that you have configured the web request in a business process. For more information, see Configuring web requests in a business process.
To map the web request alias with an appropriate web API connection
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Administration tab.
- Select Configure My Server > Connection Mappings > Web API, as shown in the following image:
From the Select Application list, select the application from which you want to connect to the REST API web service.
If you have not created the REST API web request definition in any application, the list is blank.
A list of web request aliases that you configured for the selected application are displayed as Connection Target.
- In Connection Configuration, select the appropriate authentication credentials for the web request alias.
- Click Save.
After you have completed all the tasks, when the process in which you have configured the web request is triggered, a connection is established between your application and the REST API web service.