Mapping the Data Source alias to an appropriate data source configuration
Developers can create external record definitions to access the data from external applications. After creating external record definitions, you must create an alias mapping or connection mapping for the data source that you selected while creating the external record definition. An alias is a placeholder for the tenant-specific data source configurations.
To ensure that users use the appropriate data source configuration when accessing data through the external record definitions, administrators must map the alias with the appropriate data source configuration. For example, if you want to connect to a particular external AR System, you must map the external AR System data source alias with its data source configuration. Administrators should have already configured its data source configuration for external AR System with connection and authentication details.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have configured the data source configuration details of data source. For more information, see Configuring data source.
- Ensure that you have created the external record definition. For more information, see Creating external record definitions.
To map the data source alias with an appropriate data source configuration
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Administration tab.
- Select Configure My Server > Connection Mappings > Data Source.
From the Select Application list, select the application from which you want to connect to external data source.
If you have not created the external record definition in any application, the list is blank.
A list of data source aliases that you have configured for the selected application is displayed as Connection Target.
Example: ARSystemServer – its alias name of external AR System
- In Connection Configuration, select the appropriate data source configuration name for the data source alias.
- Click Save.
The data source alias is mapped with the data source configuration. When the user tries to access a record from the external record definition, a connection is established between the application and the external data source.