Loading the region and site group data in bulk for existing users
The Foundation data model differs between Remedy IT Service Management (Remedy ITSM) and BMC Helix Platform. The following table lists the differences in Location data model between Remedy ITSM and BMC Helix Platform:
Location data in Remedy ITSM
Location data in BMC Helix Platform
As an administrator, when you load the Foundation data from Remedy ITSM to BMC Helix Platform for the first time, the differences in Location data are loaded to BMC Helix Platform and will adapt to the BMC Helix Platform Foundation data model.
To load the Foundation data to BMC Helix Platform, you must have an administrator or the appropriate Foundation Write permission.
If you have already loaded the Foundation for the first time to BMC Helix Platform, and you modify the Region, Site Group, and Site data in Remedy ITSM, you must manually load the updated Location data to BMC Helix Platform by completing the tasks listed in this topic.
For more information about region, site, and site group data that is loaded and synchronized from Remedy ITSM to BMC Helix Platform, see Supported Remedy ITSM Foundation data for data load and synchronization.
Task 1: To export the region and site group data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Log in to BMC Remedy IT Service Management Console as an ITSM administrator.
- To access the Site Association Information UI, enter the following URL:
- To search for all the site data, in the Site Name field, enter %, and click Search.
- To select all the data that you want to export, click Select All, and then click Report.
To create a new report, on the Report Console - ISS:SiteAssociationInformation page, clickand enter the following details:
Field Sample Value Type Web Form ISS:SiteAssociationInformation Name Site Information
- Click OK.
- In the Report Definition section, on the Columns tab, add Site Name, Site ID, InstanceID, Company, Region, SiteGroup, and Site Group Type to the Column list.
- Click Save.
- Click Back, and then click Run.
- To export the report as an Excel spreadsheet, click
The Excel file is downloaded with the same name as the report (for example, Site Information).
Task 2: To download and update the template Excel spreadsheet with the exported region and site group data
- Open the Site Information.xlsx spreadsheet that you downloaded in Task 1.
- Download the Site - Region and Site Group data template.
Perform the following actions:
Copy from the Site Information spreadsheet Paste in the Site - Region and Site Group Data spreadsheet Data from InstanceID column Object GUID column Data from Region column Associated Region column Data from Site Group column Associated Site Group column Data from Site Group Type column Site Group Type column
- Update all the remaining columns in Site- Region and Site Group spreadsheet as displayed in the following image:
- Save the updated template.
Task 3: To upload the exported region and site group data to BMC Helix Innovation Studio
Upload the updated Site- Region and Site Group spreadsheet to BMC Helix Platform so that the region and site group data is available for processing.
For more information about uploading the spreadsheet, see Uploading the Foundation data spreadsheets. Make sure you select the Site- Region and Site Group spreadsheet as the attachment.
The updated spreadsheet with the region and site group data is uploaded to BMC Helix Platform. You must then run the load process to import the Foundation data from the spreadsheet to BMC Helix Platform.
Task 4: To view the transaction audits and verify the processed Region and Site Group data
When the region and site group data are processed successfully after the 30 minutes escalation, it is updated in BMC Helix Innovation Studio and you can verify the processed region and site group data from Transaction Audits.
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Administration tab.
- Select Foundation Data > ITSM Foundation Data SYNC > Transaction Audits.
- On the ITSM Synchronized Foundation Data UI, you can view the processed region and site group data updates.