Enabling access to application usage reports
Administrators can enable other users to access the application usage reports that help understand whether end users are using an application to its full potential.
You can assign Event Report Access Role to the users, typically other administrators or application business analysts, so that they can access the reporting dashboard and generate reports. You can assign the role when creating the user data or updating data of existing users.
Event Report Access Role is an application role that is created for each application or library that is deployed. After the administrator assigns this role to a user, the user can access the BMC Remedy Smart Reporting dashboard. Application business analysts can view the reports for only those applications or libraries that they can modify.
Process to enable access to application usage reports
The following table lists the tasks involved in enabling users to access the application usage reports:
|1||Add Event Report Access Role to a functional role.||To add Event Report Access Role to a functional role|
|2||Assign the functional role to the users.||To assign the functional role|
To add Event Report Access Role to a functional role
Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Administration tab.
- Select Configure My Server > Application Permissions > Manage Functional Roles and perform one of the following steps:
- If you want to create a new functional role to enable access to reports, click New and fill out the required fields.
- If you want to a enable access to reports through an existing functional role, from the list of functional roles, select the functional role in which you want to add the application role.
- From the Select Role list, select Event Report Access Role for the application or library to which you want to grant access.
Example: If you want to assign the functional role to an application business analyst who has access to BMC Helix Chatbot, select Event Report Access Role for com.bmc.arsys.rx.chatbot as shown in the following image:
- Click Save.
To assign the functional role
You can assign the functional role to existing users or by creating new users.
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Administration tab.
- Select Foundation Data > Manage People.
- Select the user to whom you want to provide access to the reports.
- On the Edit Person page, click Access Details.
- From the Functional Roles list, select the functional role in which you added Event Report Access Role.
The following image shows an example of assigning the functional role:
- Click Save.