Deploying application tailoring changes
Administrators can apply the application customizations by deploying a content package. During deployment, BMC Helix Platform overwrites the existing application's definitions with the definitions in the content package. The data is imported based on the rules you select while creating a content package.
The following table describes certain actions that you can perform on the packages in BMC Helix Platform:
|Action||Condition to perform this action|
Import export packages that you created in earlier versions.
The version of the application and export package that you are importing must be the same.
Import content packages that you created in the earlier versions and deploy them in a production environment.
The version of the application and content package that you are importing must be the same.
Import content packages that you created in the earlier versions and deploy them in a tailoring environment.
You can import a content package whose version is not the same as the application version.
While creating or importing a package, you can also check its version in the following ways:
- Creating a content package—While creating the content package, on the Options tab, the Version field displays the version of the package.
- Importing a content or export package—The .zip file of the package has the version number appended to it. Otherwise, unzip the file and search for the .manifest file that has the version number.
You can also check the version of an application or library. After you log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio, on the Workspace tab, the Version column displays the version for the individual application or library.
Before you begin
Ensure that you complete the following tasks:
- Tailor an application according to your business needs.
- Create a content package that includes the tailoring changes of the application.
To import a content and an export package
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Workspace tab.
- Select the installed application for which you want to apply the changes in the package.
The application details are displayed.
- Select Actions > Import Definitions and Data.
- Select the package that you want to import.
The Import Definitions and Data dialog box appears that shows the package import is in progress, as shown in the following image:
- After the package import is complete, click Close.
The following image shows the Import Definitions and Data dialog box after the import is complete:
The package is imported, and the tailored definitions and data are available for use in BMC Helix Innovation Studio.