Configuring text summarization for custom applications
The cognitive summarization service enables you to generate a summary of any input text, attachment text (for example, Adobe PDF (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), OpenDocument Text (.odt), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx), and HTML (.html) files), email or chat conversations.
BMC Helix Platform uses the Summarize Text element to enable the developer to leverage the cognitive summarization service in a custom application.
For more information about summarization service, see Enabling cognitive service summaries for custom applications.
To configure the Summarize Text element in a process or rule
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio.
- On the Workspace tab, click the custom application in which you want to use the cognitive summarization service.
- Perform one of the following tasks:
- If you want to create a new process and add the Summarize Text element to the process, select Processes > New.
- If you want to add the Summarize Text element to an existing process, click the Processes tab and select the name of process.
- In the palette from the PLATFORM ACTIONS section, drag the Summarize Text element to the canvas.
In the Element Propertiespane, enter the properties for the Summarize Text element, as described in the following table:
Property Description GENERAL Label Enter a suitable name for the element. Description Enter details about the element. INPUT MAP Record Definition Name Select the record definition that you want to use for this process. Record ID Provide the Record ID of the record definition that the users must edit. Select Click to build an expression and specify the record ID of the record definition. Data Source
Select the source of your input text. Based on the source type, the summary for the input is generated. The source can be one of the following types:
- Email—Generates a summary of an email chain.
- Chat—Generates a summary of a chat conversation between the chatbot and the user.
- Other—Generates a summary of any other type of text input.
Text Input Field Select the field from where you can select the input text. You can include the text from the following field types:
- Text fields
- Attachment fields that contain Adobe PDF (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), plain text (.txt), OpenDocument Text (.odt), Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx), Microsoft Outlook (.msg), and HTML (.html) files.
Summary Output Field Select the text field where you want to display the generated summary. Summarization Percentage Enter the percentage of sentences you want to extract from the input text to generate a summary.
- Click Save.
The following image shows the element properties for the Summarize Text element: