Computing values in processes
To specify conditions in a process flow, you can build expressions that represent arithmetic or a function expressions. To obtain the expression value, you can use the Compute Value Service Task in the Process designer and use the expression value in the process flow.
Application business analysts can customize the objects developed in their own applications and that are marked customizable by the developers, but cannot customize the objects developed in com.bmc.arsys. For example, objects in core BMC applications like Foundation, Approval, and Assignment cannot be customized.
To evaluate expressions in processes
- Log in to BMC Helix Innovation Studio and navigate to the Workspace tab.
- Select the application in which your process exists.
- In the application, click Processes tab.
- Click the process name that you want to modify to obtain expression values.
The system opens Process designer and displays the process diagram on the canvas.
- Drag and drop the Compute Value Service Task to the canvas and place it at that point where you want the system to evaluate an expression.
In the Properties pane, enter the values for the properties. The following table provides more information on the Compute Value properties:
Property Description INPUT MAP Custom expression that represents an arithmetic or a function expression. You can build a custom expression and use the output of the expression in your process.
For example, build an expression to concatenate input parameters with static values and use the expression output in different actions.
OUTPUT MAP Process parameters that you want to obtain as output values from this Compute Value Service Task. You can build an expression for assigning an output value to a process parameter.
For more information on the common Service Task properties like Run as, Multi instance loop, see Service Task properties.
- Click Save.