Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps) is a multi-layered technology platform that leverages big data to automate and enhance IT operations through analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML). BMC Helix AIOps:
- Collects a variety of data from various IT operations tools and devices, automatically detects and reacts to issues in real-time, and provides historical analytics
- Acts as a Manager of Managers (MoM)
- Scales, optimizes, and automates the entire IT Operation functions
Benefits of BMC Helix AIOps
The following video (2:11) provides a high-level introduction into the benefits of using BMC Helix AIOpsfor your IT Operations use cases:
BMC Helix AIOps enables you to achieve the following business objectives:
- Break down data silos: The key challenge faced by modern IT Operations teams is data silos and the inability to manage, monitor, integrate, and correlate disparate data silos for drawing inferences. With BMC Helix AIOps, you can breakdown this barrier to:
- Identify and analyze a specific set of data points from the data silos
- Determine the probable cause from the ingested logs, events, and metrics derived from multiple data silos
- Identify correlation patterns and draw inferences to be used for problem solving
- Build a single interface that acts as a manager of managers to view and cross-launch across data silos
- Eliminate IT operational noise: Reducing IT operational noise is the primary concern of IT Operations teams. With BMC Helix AIOps, you can:
- Get the tools not only to reduce the IT noise, but also to build correlation patterns
- Determine the probable cause of resource failures across applications to reduce the mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR)
- Overcome monitoring and analytics challenges: The primary functions of AIOps are data collection and analysis. With BMC Helix AIOps, you can get a single framework to analyze the data collected from across all the underlying domains and services reducing the need to use multiple tools for analysis.
- Intelligent Integrations: With BMC Helix AIOps, you get the following options:
- Adapters to continuously integrate and deploy the advanced digital enterprise functions through BMC Helix Intelligent Integration
- Connectors and API services to ingest metrics, events, logs, and traces from other digital enterprise applications
- Deliver a seamless customer experience: Ensuring a seamless customer experience with probable cause analytics is an important business objective. With BMC Helix AIOps, you can:
- Easily automate decision making
- Speed up problem solving
- Continuously integrate and deploy automated solutions
The following video (4:21) provides an overview of BMC Helix AIOps.
For more information on the products and components listed here, see Related spaces.
Products and components (Data providers)
BMC Helix AIOps interacts with the following products and components to gather data and configuration information:
- BMC Helix Portal: Provides the common microservices required for tenant and identity management and product subscriptions.
- BMC Helix Operations Management: Provides the metrics and events data for viewing in BMC Helix AIOps. Enables you to use BMC Helix AIOps. You must also create event correlation policies to be able to view and investigate the situations in BMC Helix AIOps.
- BMC Helix ITSM: Provides incident and ticket data for viewing in BMC Helix AIOps. You can view total incidents, average mean time to resolve (MTTR), and perform probable cause analysis (PCA). You have the ability to cross-launch from your BMC Helix ITSMto view PCA in BMC Helix AIOps.
- BMC Helix Discovery: Provides Service Models or Topologies for viewing in BMC Helix AIOps. The Service to nodes traversal path can be viewed along with individual node details.
- BMC Helix Intelligent Integration: Provides a Fluentd-based framework for integration with third-party solutions to ingest event, CI, and topology data for monitoring in BMC Helix AIOps.
Services and Capabilities
BMC Helix AIOps offers the following services and capabilities:
AI/ML algorithms and core analytics
Uses AI/ML algorithms to
Cloud-based intelligent integration and
Uses REST API to get and push streaming data between core microservices.
Unified and modern UX experience
Provides the following options:
Monitors the key performance indicators (KPIs) for providing a quick-peek summary of the overall system health status by displaying the following widgets:
Monitors situations and provides the ability to:
Monitors the service health using the following options:
Roles and permissions in BMC Helix AIOps
Each role can perform different tasks based on the permissions assigned.
View all integrations configured by using BMC Helix Intelligent Integration
For more information, see