Integrating by using BMC Helix Intelligent Integrations
As a tenant administrator, you can use BMC Helix Intelligent Integration as a framework to integrate with third-party solutions so that you can get event and device data from these solutions. You can view this data in BMC Helix Dashboards and BMC Helix AIOps console.
An integration represents the pipelines and configurations that are used to read data from third-party solutions, and send the data to BMC Helix by using REST APIs.
You can integrate third-party solutions by using Connectors. A Connector is a Fluent-d based container that can host multiple integrations. It facilitates data collection and consumption from the integrated solutions.
BMC Helix Intelligent Integration can get event, CI, and topology data from the following solutions:
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (SolarWinds NPM)
- TrueSight Operations Management
Event slot update
BMC Helix Intelligent Integration gets data updates that come in from the third-party solutions. If the data is updated in the third-party solutions, the changes are applied in BMC Helix Intelligent Integration also. For example, if data for an event is updated in a third-party solution, the changes are applied in BMC Helix Intelligent Integration and event slots get overwritten in BMC Helix Operations Management.
To open BMC Helix Intelligent Integration
- Open the BMC Helix Portal.
- On the BMC Helix Intelligent Integration tile, click Launch.
To add an integration
A Connector is a Fluent-d based container that can host multiple integrations. It facilitates data collection and consumption from the integrated solutions.As a tenant administrator, you need to download and install the Connector to add an integration with a third-party solution.
See the following topics for instructions on adding each integration:
To edit an integration
- From Integrations > Configured Integrations, click the menu for an integration, and click Edit.
- On the Edit Integration page, make your changes and click Save.
To enable or disable an integration
If you want to stop getting data from a third-party solution without deleting the integration, you can disable the integration. You can enable the integration again when you want to get the data in BMC Helix Intelligent Integration.
To enable or disable the integration, from Integrations > Configured Integrations, click the menu for an integration, and click Enable or Disable.
To delete an integration
The data is not fetched from a third-party solution after you delete an integration for the solution. However, the data that is already fetched in BMC Helix AIOps is not deleted.
- From Integrations > Configured Integrations, click the menu for an integration, and click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm your action.
Each integration has one of the following statuses:
- Configuring: Visible when the integration is being configured
- Connected: Visible when the integration is configured and connected
- Disabled: Visible when you disable the integration
- Disconnected: Visible when an integration is disconnected