Upgrading BMC FootPrints Service Core version 12 to a newer version
This topic explains the process for upgrading version 12.1.00 and later to a newer version.
- The Tomcat service must be stopped.
- Ensure that the TCP/IP protocol is enabled.
To perform the upgrade
- Log on to the system where you have BMC FootPrints Service Core installed as an Administrator.
- Download the installer file. For more information, see Downloading the installation files.
- Extract the installer file contents into a temporary location.
- Double-click the setup file. For Windows, this file is named setup.exe. For Linux, this file is named setup.bin. If a security access message appears, click Yes.
The installer Welcome screen appears.
- If you want to install in a language other than English, click the down arrow and select a language.
The Installer wizard verifies that your server meets the requirements and then the License Agreement pane appears.
If you did not modify the Terminal Services settings, a notification window appears with instructions to update Terminal Services. You must exit the Installer, modify the settings, restart the server and start the Installer wizard again.
- Select I agree and click Next.
The Installation Documentation pane appears, offering a link to the Installation Guide.
- Click Next.
The Backup Information page appears.
- If you have not backed up your system you should do so before proceeding. For more information, see the Backing up FootPrints Service Core article.
- Select the I have backed up my FootPrints instance check box and click Next.
The Update Preview pane appears, stating the initial and target versions for this installation.
The Updating pane appears, showing a progress bar. Depending on the size and complexity of your environment, this may take a little time. When installation has completed, the Update Summary pane appears.
If a Validation Error pane appears, stating that the Tomcat service must be stopped before proceeding, do the following:
Stop the service and return to the Update Installer window.
The Update Preview pane appears again.
Click Install and proceed to step 13.
- To view the installation log, click View Log.
The log details appear in a new window. You can click an error to view additional details. If a Tomcat server was installed, it will be started.
- Click Done.
The installer closes all windows that it opened.
- Start the Tomcat service.
Installation is completed.