Installing FootPrints 12 using Silent Mode
To install FootPrints 12 by using silent mode
- Create an options file to use during the silent installation.
- Download the default options file for either Windows or Linux, depending on the platform where you want to install FootPrints 12.
- Rename the downloaded options file to options.txt.
- Copy options.txt to the system where you want to install FootPrints 12 (Users > (username) > AppData > Roaming).
Edit the options.txt file and review each setting in the file and verify the value is appropriate for the environment where FootPrints 12 where you want to install. Make changes as necessary.
- Special characters, such as backslash (\), forward slash (/), double quote (“), etc., do not need to be escaped in the options.txt file.
- Lines which start with a hash character (#) are comments and are ignored.
Copy the FootPrints 12 installer to the system where you want to install FootPrints.
If you have downloaded the compressed version of the installer (for example, .zip or .tar.gz), you must extract the archive before running the installer. For more information, see Downloading the installation files.
Run the installer in silent mode with the following command line. Choose the appropriate command line based on your operating system.
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=options.txt
setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=options.txt
setup.binfile is located in the "Disk1" folder of the extracted installer folder.
- You may use relative or a fully qualified path to specify the location of the setup.exe and/or the options.txt file.
C:\path\to\Disk1\setup.exe -i silent
- You may use relative or fully qualified path to specify the location of the setup.bin and/or the options.txt file.
/path/to/Disk1/setup.bin -i silent
The installation generates a log file in the temporary folder of the user running the install, for example, %TEMP% in Windows, /tmp in Linux. The installation log file is named: footprints_install_log.txt.
Review the generated log file to ensure that the installation is completed successfully. The end of the log file indicates that the installation finished successfully.