- Visual workflow is a new feature that provides a workflow graph where administrators can see and design the lifecycle of their business processes using a drag and drop interface.
- Workflow works in combination with the rules to manage the actions performed for each state and transition.
- You can configure change management using a combination of rules and workflow to provide more visibility and flexibility.
|Better User Experience|
- The interface design is thoroughly standardized to provide similar formats for similar functions.
- On the configuration pages, the setting categories are listed in the left pane and details or working space is provided in the right pane.
- The pages used for configuring connections and for importing data are designed so that administrators can quickly identify and enter the needed data.
- You do not have to context switch by changing workspaces and refresh the entire application. All information is available for Customers, Agents, or Administrators in customized portals. Portions of the screen refreshes to show the updated information and to offer options for finding and selecting data.
- The use of popup windows is discontinued so you remain on the main window while working on a record.
- Keyboard shortcuts for saving, submitting, and switching to different sections of the form allow you to work more efficiently by continuously working on the keyboard.
- You can find historical data more quickly by using the filters to narrow down to view the relevant information of the record history. This allows you to quickly evaluate the history of the events.
- Impact analysis and visualization are enhanced to be more user friendly.
- Ability to copy quick templates.
- User portals can be configured to show only the data and features needed for your assigned work. No programming required. You can configure many portals as needed for different roles like Manager, Customer, Agent, and so on
- You can control the look and feel of any portal using the provided themes.
- Added RSS feeds, imagery, charts, graphs, custom HTML, and custom reports.
|Mobile web interface|
- A new and modern mobile web interface allows the agents to create or update tickets on the go.
- You can now create real-time report and chart previews as you configure a report definition.
- You can easily include existing saved search criteria for your reports to avoid maintaining the same criteria in two different places.
- You can embed any chart or graph from a report into a dashboard or a widget on your portal.
- You can add advanced formulas in your reports to manipulate the data to meet your requirements.
- You can add the percentage value of each slice or bar in the reports.
- The new streamlined criteria builder provides flexibility and power and is also used for building search criteria. The enhancements include:
- Not equal to, Any Value, No Value
- % SLA time elapsed
- Time elapsed pending approval
- Number of approval votes and Number of approvers.
- The Actions interface is also streamlined, reducing duplicate functions and adding new options such as:
- Change field visibility
- Activate SLM
- Delete ticket
- Link to Existing Record
- Write to log
|Forms and Fields|
- You now have separate forms available for agents and customers to design each to satisfy the unique needs of different types of users.
- Form layout and field data storage are now separated. Deleting a field from a form does not delete it from the database. You can choose to insert a field either on the agent form, the customer form, or no form. The same field can even be placed on the form multiple times.
- You can use one or multiple grids to show records linked to the current record being viewed. You can determine the type sof relationships and records that will show for each grid.
- You can use drag and drop form builders to configure forms, quick templates, and email templates.
- You can use check box fields as the parent field of a field dependency group.
|Container types and record types|
- Container layout and function are consistent across the different types of containers. Containers allow only the record types (items) that are appropriate for their function. For example, ticket items are allowed only in workspaces.
- Options that apply only for a specific container type are available only where needed. For example, address book options are available only in address book containers. This streamlined approach creates a sense of familiarity throughout the application that reduces learning curves and increases productivity.
- Multiple item definitions are allowed. For example, you can create item definitions for managing incidents, problems, and service requests in a single workspace. You can also manage each type of ticket in its own workspace.
- Each container is independent of the others but can be linked to other containers at the item level as required.
- You can create fields at the container level that can be shared with all record types in that container.
- Allow customers to edit tickets created by other users in their company or department.
- Allow user's permission to view tickets that they submitted.
- Allow or restrict ticket viewing by status.
- Microsoft Office 365 Calendar - You can now configure FootPrints Sync with Microsoft Office 365 that enables agents to synchronize appointments with the FootPrints calendar.
- You can import and update users from any LDAP source.
- You now have a rule action to send survey emails. You can create multiple types of surveys and have an email sent out at any point in your process to connect to any of your defined surveys.
- You can create multiple assignment fields and limit the number of agents to be added to each assignment field. For example, you can have a Primary Assignee field limited to only one person who will be the main point of contact and also another field listing the team or other users who may also be doing some work on the ticket.
|Enhanced advanced search capabilities|
- You can create and modify advanced searches with new easy-to-use criteria builder.
- You can make searches available for:
- Defining the report criteria.
- Viewing the user portals
- Viewing the Mobile version of FootPrints Service Core.
- You can search for records that require your approval
|Strong security focus|
- You now have the common security framework designed to support the most prevalent governmental and industry compliance frameworks.
- You have data access controls defined that follow the XACML industry standards.
- You now have advanced authentication support.
- You now have strong data encryption support at the database and field level.
- You now have SSL support for all web, authentication, and email communication in transit.
|Test to Production|
- You can now easily move the configuration from test to production by using the configuration export and import capabilities.