Editing service portfolios
If you are authorized, you can edit any service portfolio configuration to update fields, forms, rules, workflow, and so on. After you create or modify a service portfolio, you must publish the service portfolio to make the most recent version available. The changes are stored in a draft version of the service portfolio until you publish them. You can also discard the draft changes and revert to the service portfolio to the last published state if you want to start over from the last stable state.
If multiple users with edit permissions try to edit the service portfolio at the same time, only the first user is allowed to edit. The other users cannot edit the service portfolio. However, if the other users choose to unlock the service portfolio for editing, the first user will not be able to edit anymore and any unsaved changes will be lost.
After you upgrade to Footprints version 12.1.09 or later from an earlier version, to enable the Discard Unpublished Changes feature, you must publish the service portfolios that were created before the upgrade at least once.
To edit a service portfolio
- Open the service portfolio that you want to modify:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Service Portfolios section, click the service portfolio that you want to modify, or click Manage to open the Service Portfolio Administration page and then double-click the service portfolio.
- Modify the settings as needed. For detailed instructions, see Configuring service portfolios.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To discard the unpublished changes, click Discard Unpublished Changes and then click Yes.
- To implement your changes, in the breadcrumb trail, click the Service Portfolio link and then click Save and Publish.
For more information, see Publishing containers.