Editing knowledge bases
If you are authorized, you can edit any knowledge base configuration to update fields, forms, rules, workflow, and so on. After you create or modify a knowledge base, you must publish the service portfolio to make the most recent version available. The changes are stored in a draft version of the knowledge base until you publish them. You can also discard the draft changes and revert knowledge base to the last published state if you want to start over from the last stable state.
If multiple users with edit permissions try to edit the knowledge base at the same time, only the first user is allowed to edit. The other users cannot edit the knowledge base. However, if the other users choose to unlock the knowledge base for editing, the first user will not be able to edit anymore and any unsaved changes will be lost.
After you upgrade to Footprints version 12.1.09 or later from an earlier version, to enable the Discard Unpublished Changes feature, you must publish the knowledge bases that were created before the upgrade at least once.
To edit a knowledge base
- Open the knowledge base that you want to modify:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Knowledge Bases section, click the name of the knowledge base or click Manage to open the Knowledge Base Administration page and then double-click the knowledge base.
- Modify the settings as needed.
For more information, see Configuring knowledge bases.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To discard the unpublished changes, click Discard Unpublished Changes and then click Yes.
- To implement your changes, in the breadcrumb trail, click the Knowledge Base link and then click Save and Publish.
For more information, see Publishing containers.