Editing address books
If you are authorized, you can edit any address book configuration to keep them current and accurate. After you create or modify an address book, you must publish the address book to make the most recent version available. The changes are stored in a draft version of the address book until you publish them. You can also discard the draft changes and revert to the address book to the last published state if you want to start over from the last stable state.
If multiple users with edit permissions try to edit the address books at the same time, only the first user is allowed to edit. The other users cannot edit the address book. However, if the other users choose to unlock the address book for editing, the first user will not be able to edit anymore and any unsaved changes will be lost.
After you upgrade to Footprints version 12.1.09 or later from an earlier version, to enable the Discard Unpublished Changes feature, you must publish the address books that were created before the upgrade at least once.
To edit an address book
Changes made by two users to the same address book cannot be saved at the same time. Before making extensive changes to an address book, make sure no one else is working in that address book.
- Open the address book that you want to modify:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Address Books section, click the address book name or click Manage to open the Address Book Administration page. Then, double-click the address book.
- Modify the settings as needed.
For more information, see Configuring address books.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To discard the unpublished changes, click Discard Unpublished Changes and then click Yes.
- To implement your changes, in the breadcrumb trail, click the Address Book link and then click Save and Publish.
For more information, see Publishing containers.