Downloading the installation files
This topic explains how to obtain the files that you need for installation from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site.
To download the files
Create a directory to place the downloaded files.
NoteOn Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Based on the version you want to install, click one of the following options:
- Select the check boxes next to the installation files, that you need to download.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you