Deleting business rules
You can delete business rules that are no longer useful. If you want to disable a rule rather than delete it, follow the instructions in Activating and deactivating business rules.
To delete a business rule
- Open the item where you want to define the rule:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the appropriate section, click the container name or click Manage to open the container Administration page. Then double-click the container.
The container details page appears.
- In the left pane, click the item link (such as Record Definitions in workspaces or Contacts in address books).
The Items page appears.
- Double-click the item that contains the rule to be removed.
The Item details page appears.
- Click Business Rules in the left pane.
The rules associated with this item appear in the right pane.
- Select the rule that you want to delete, and click Delete.
A confirmation message appears. Click Yes.
- Click Save.
- Publish the container to implement your changes:
- In the breadcrumb trail, click the container link.
Click Save and Publish.
A confirmation message appears.
The Publication Succeeded message appears, showing the number of errors and warnings.