Defining rules for sending email to addresses in linked records
This rule sends email notifications to the email addresses entered in related tickets.
You must have an email field that uses email validation defined in your container.
If you plan to use email templates with this rule, make sure to create them before proceeding. For more information, see Configuring email templates.
To define a rule for sending email to addresses in linked records
- Open the item where you want to define the rule:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Workspaces section, click the workspace that you want to modify, or click Manage to open the Workspace Administration page. Then double-click the workspace.
- In the left pane of the Workspaces details page, click Record Definitions.
- In the Items page, double-click the item that you want to modify.
- In the left pane of the Item details page, click Business Rules.
Icons for the rules associated with this item appear in the right pane.
- Click New Business Rule, and select Email Notification.
The Rule Builder page appears. For detailed information about configuring different types of rules, see Types of business rules.
- In the Business Rule Name field, enter a descriptive name for this rule.
- (Optional) In the Description field, type a description that explains the purpose of this rule.
- In the Business Rule Schedule field, accept the default of Run Any Time or select from custom schedules defined for this container.
- In the Triggers section, define the action or event that will trigger this rule.
- In the Criteria section, define the condition that will trigger this rule.
- In the Actions section:
- Click Add New Action.
- In the Action field, select Send email to.
- In the Recipient fields, select the users who will receive the email, and then select which email addresses to use.
- If you select Specified addresses, the Email Addresses field appears where you can enter the email addresses.
- If you select Addresses in a field, the Field Name field appears where you can select the field.
If you select Assignees, Supervisor of Assignees, Team leader of assigned Teams, Last Agent to edit Incident, or Incident submitter, check boxes appear where you can select from the defined email addresses.
NoteSelect at least one of the check boxes to ensure that the rule works.
- If you select Addresses in a linked record, the Link Type field appears where you can select the relationship.
- (Optional) In the Template field, select a template.
- (Optional) In the Priority field, select a priority for sending.
- Click Create.
- Click Save.
- To implement your changes, in the breadcrumb trail, click the workspace link and then click Save and Publish.