Creating workflow states
Each workflow state field (such as Status) has default states. The Start and End states are created by default when a new workflow is created. For example, the default states for Status are Open, Accepted, In Progress, Pending, Completed, and Closed. You can create your own states (such as On Hold) and place them anywhere in the workflow between the Start and End states.
To create workflow states
- Open the workflow process that you want to modify:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the appropriate section, click the name of the container or click Manage to open the container Administration page. Then double-click the container.
The container details page appears.
- In the left pane, click the item link (such as Record Definitions in workspaces).
The Items page appears.
- Double-click the item that contains the workflow process.
The item details page appears.
- In the left pane, click Workflow Processes.
- Double-click the workflow process.
The Workflow Process details page appears.
- In the left pane, click the plus sign next to the Workflow Controls section.
- In the left pane, near the bottom of the Workflow Controls pane, click Manage States.
The Manage Choice Selection dialog box appears.
- In the Add items section, type the name of a state (such as Pending), then click Add item(s).
The new state is added to the list in the bottom pane of the dialog box.
In the list of states, select the new state, then drag and drop it to the desired position.
The states are listed in the order in which they were created. You can sort the selected states in ascending or descending alphabetical order by clicking the Sort choices button. (Custom is selected by default.)
- Click Save.
The new states appear in the Workflow Processes section of the left pane.
Publish the container to implement your changes:
In the breadcrumb trail, click the container link.
Click Save and Publish.
A confirmation message appears.
The Publication Succeeded message appears, showing the number of errors and warnings.