Creating Watchlist reports
You can watch a specified field and track how many tickets with a specific value in that field were created, active, or created and active during a specified period. In addition, you can track tickets for a variety of metrics, such as how many tickets were created, active, resolved, or unresolved (carried over) for a specific period.
If you use saved searches to track this type of information, you can create a Watchlist report that replaces those searches and can display the results in a single Watchlist on your Dashboard.
To create a Watchlist report
- Click Service Analytics.
The Service Analytics window opens. A table listing the available reports appears at the top of the page. The Count field shows how many reports have been defined for each category.
- Click New > Ticket Management > Watchlist.
The Report Settings page appears. The Report Type field is read-only.
- In the Report Setup section:
In the Record Type field, select the item for which you want to run the report.
In the Title field, enter a descriptive name for the report.
(Optional) In the Description field, enter a useful description of this report's purpose.
- (Optional) To allow other users to access this report, in the Report Visibility Is field, select Shared.
If you accept the default of Private, no other users can access this report. If you select Shared, only users authorized with at least read-only rights to the selected workspace can view this report.
- (Optional) If you want this report to be available as a console widget, in the Make Available In field, select Consoles.
The next scheduled run date appears below this field. The options in the Configurations and Filters sections vary based on your selections in the Report Setup section.
In the Configurations section:
In the Metric field, select a status.
(Optional) In the Saved Search field, select a search to find the data for this report. To create a new search, click the Create a new saved search link. When the search is saved, click the Refresh icon next to the Saved Search field to update the list.
For more information, see Using Advanced Search and saving searches. If you do not select a search, all data from the selected Workspace and Item is included in the report.
(Optional) In the WatchList Item Name list, remove items from the list by clicking the trashcan icon.
(Optional) In the Select WatchList Item Saved Search, select the saved search for each item.
Click Apply changes.
- In the Table section, review the sample report. To review the most current data, click Refresh at the top of the page.
Below the Table section, the available report formats appear for this type of report.
Generally, there is a Chart format and one or two additional formats such as Heatmap.
- Review the formats to verify that your settings are returning the data you need.
- (Optional) In the format sections, select display options to change the default views.
- (Optional) Make additional changes to the report, click Apply Changes and review the updated results in the bottom sections of the page.
- When you have finished defining your report, click Save.
A confirmation message appears.