Configuring a dynamic SQL address book
Before you can use an external dynamic SQL database for contacts, you must configure the connection settings.
This option is available only if you have purchased the External Address Book license, an add-on to FootPrints. For more information, contact a BMC sales representative or your local distributor.
To configure an address book for using dynamic SQL
- Open the address book and contact item that you want to configure:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Address Books section, click the address book name, or click Manage to open the Address Book Administration page. Then, double-click the address book.
The Address Book details page appears.
- In the left pane, click Contacts.
- Double-click the contact item that you want to configure.
- In the left pane, click Address Book Options.
- Select Dynamic SQL.
The Configure External Source button becomes active.
- Click Configure External Source.
- In the Source Configuration: SQL Database section:
- In the Server Address field, enter the name or IP address of the SQL server for this address book.
- In the Server Port field, enter the port number for the server.
- In the Database Type field, select the type of database.
- In the Database field, type the name of the default database for this address book.
- In the Server User ID and Server Password, enter the credentials for logging into this server.
- Click Connect.
The system attempts to connect to the SQL database server. If the system is successful, the mapping section becomes active.
- In the Table or View field, select the table or view that contains the fields for this address book.
- Map the SQL source fields to the Footprints Address Book Fields by clicking an entry in the SQL Fields column and selecting the matching field.
For more information, see Working with mappings.
- Click Save.
After you save this record, the Server User ID and Password fields become read-only.
- To modify Server User ID and Password, click Change Credentials.
You can return to this page at any time to update the server credentials.
Publish the address book to implement your changes:
In the breadcrumb trail, click the Address Book link.
Click Save and Publish.
A confirmation message appears.
The Publication Succeeded message appears, showing the number of errors and warnings.