Adding asset lookups to tickets
When BMC Client Management (BCM) is enabled, you can add Asset Link Controls to your forms so your users can link assets to their tickets. The lookup window allows users to filter the list and to select multiple assets at one time.
Agents can view all asset details in FootPrints or in BCM, start or stop a service, propose changes, and so on.
For more information about integrating BCM with FootPrints Service, see the integration guide and checklist attached to . For detailed information about BCM features, review the documentation provided with that product.
To add an Asset Link control to a ticket form
Open the form where you want to add an asset lookup option:
- Click the Administration tab.
In the Workspaces icon, click the workspace that you want to modify, or click Manage to open the Workspace Administration page. Then double-click the workspace.
The Workspace details page appears.
- In the left pane, click Record Definitions.
The Items page appears.
- Double-click the item that you want to modify.
The item details page appears.
- Double-click the form that you want to modify.
- Go to the section on the form where you want to add the control.
For more information about working with forms, see Configuring forms.
- Add an Asset Link Control:
- In the left pane, click Form Controls, and drag an Asset Link Control onto the form.
- (Optional) In the Field Label field, enter the label that you want your users to see on the ticket.
- In the Asset Preview Fields list, select the fields that you want your users to see in the asset details section of the ticket.
- Click Save.
- Publish the workspace to implement your changes:
In the breadcrumb trail, click the Workspace link.
Click Save and Publish.
A confirmation message appears.
The Publication Succeeded message appears, showing the number of errors and warnings.
Your users will be able to select assets on this ticket form.