Index validation utilities
This function is executed by a command-driven utility that lets you verify the contents of an index to a Fast Path database following any event that might have caused an out-of-sync condition.
This section also discusses the capabilities and use of the Fast Path Indexer/EP index resynchronize function. This function is executed by a command-driven utility that lets you resynchronize an index with its associated Fast Path primary DEDB following any changes made to the primary DEDB.
All topics in this section for the VERIFY command apply to both PFX and IBM native indexes. Topics for the RESYNC command only apply to PFX indexes. The RESYNC command cannot process IBM native indexes.
- Introduction to validating indexes
- Verify function inputs and outputs
- Resynchronize function inputs and outputs
- DBRC factors
- Index validation command language
- Database and areas selection
- Allocating a source area data set
- Specifying indexes to be verified or resynchronized
- Processing the XSCAN data set
- Allocating secondary index databases for the verify function
- Changing the frequency of checkpoint calls
- Performance considerations for the verify function
- Customizing sort processing for the verify function
- Sorting index information for the verify and resynchronize functions
- Sample VERIFY command scenarios
- Sample RESYNC command scenarios