Index scan utility
This section provides information about the capabilities and use of the optional Fast Path Indexer/EP scan (XSCAN) function. This function is executed by a command-driven utility that lets you scan a Fast Path primary DEDB to locate index source segments and then produce an output data set containing index information.
All topics in this section apply to both PFX indexes and IBM native indexes, except where noted.
- Introduction to the Index scan utility
- XSCAN function inputs and outputs
- DBRC considerations
- Index XSCAN command language
- Selecting the database and areas
- Allocating the source area data set
- Specifying secondary index databases to be scanned
- Allocating the XSCAN data set
- Performance considerations for the XSCAN function
- Sorting index information for the XSCAN function
- Sample XSCAN command scenarios