Using Chat - Mobile
Chat is available from the Mobile interface. Each chat is one-to-one, so only two people can participate in a chat. Agents can set their status to indicate their availability.
If needed, you can copy the contents of a Chat window and paste it into another application.
The following topics are provided:
To use chat
- Tap the Chat button at the bottom of the screen.
The Chat page appears. Available contacts are identified by the Available icon ( ). Unavailable contacts are identified by the Busy icon ( ).
- Tap the entry for the agent that you want to contact.
- Type your message in the field at the bottom of the page, and tap Send.
- Do either of the following:
- To return to the Mobile Home page, tap Hide.
- To return to the Chat page, tap Chat again.
To change your availability status
- At the bottom of the page, tap Change My Status.
The Choose a Status pane opens.
- Tap the status entries to scroll through the options.
- Tap your new status and then tap Select.
Your status is updated and the pane closes.