Submitting tickets via email
If the email submission feature is enabled, you can submit tickets without logging in to FootPrints. You send your request information in an email to a FootPrints email account and it is processed as if it had been submitted via the web.
A new ticket is created from the email contents. The subject of the email becomes the Title and the body of the email becomes the Description. You only need to include fields that are mandatory for all users. In many cases, this is only the Title and the Description. Your email address is used to identify you as the Submitter and any contact information stored in FootPrints is linked to your ticket. CC addressees become part of the ticket as well. For more information about using email, see Retrieving information using email queries.
To submit a ticket via email
- Create a new message in your email application.
- Select the email address provided by your Administrator for submitting requests to FootPrints.
- In the Subject field, type a brief explanation of your request or issue.
This information becomes the Title of your ticket.
- In the Message field, provide details to help the responding agent understand your request.
This information becomes the Description of your ticket.
- Provide any additional required information.
If you are not sure whether other field information is needed, check with your Administrator.
- Send the email.
Generally, notifications are sent when your ticket is created by the system and when pertinent updates occur. You can view the new ticket by logging into FootPrints from your browser.