Registering your User ID for Password Reset
If Password Reset is enabled for your system, you should register your user ID for requesting password resets when you first start using FootPrints. When you register, you must provide answers for three security questions defined by your system administrator. Your answers are saved for future reference.
When you need to reset your password, you provide the answers to security questions, submit a password reset request, and an email is sent to you with a link to the Reset Password form. In this form you enter your new password and submit the form to the system.
To register your user ID for Password Reset
- Click the Welcome link at the top right of the window and select Change Password.
The Change Password page appears, showing your user name.
- Click Registration.
The Password Reset Registration page appears, showing your user name.
- In the Current Password field, enter your current password.
- In the Security Questions section:
- Select security questions from the list.
- Enter the answers.
Security answers are stored in the system for future reference.
- Repeat steps a and b until you have selected three questions and provided three answers.
- In the Email Address section, enter the email address where the reset message should be sent, and then enter it a second time to confirm it.
- Click Submit.
A confirmation message appears.