If you are authorized, you can edit any workspace configuration to update fields, forms, rules, workflow, and so on. After you create or modify a workspace, you must publish the workspace to make the most recent version available. The changes are stored in a draft version of the workspace until you publish them. You can also discard the draft changes and revert to the workspace to the last published state if you want to start over from the last stable state.
If multiple users with edit permissions try to edit the workspace at the same time, only the first user is allowed to edit. The other users cannot edit the workspace. However, if the other users choose to unlock the workspace for editing, the first user will not be able to edit anymore and any unsaved changes will be lost.
After you upgrade to Footprints version 12.1.09 or later from an earlier version, to enable the Discard Unpublished Changes feature, you must publish the workspaces that were created before the upgrade at least once.
To edit a workspace
- Open the workspace that you want to modify:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Workspaces section, click the name of the workspace or click Manage to open the Workspace Administration page and then double-click the workspace.
- In the Workspace details page, modify the settings as needed. For more information, see Configuring relationships.
- (Optional) If you need to change the address book linked to this workspace, click the Relationships tab in the left pane. Then, delete the existing relationship and create a new one that links to the desired address book. You cannot edit saved relationships.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To discard the unpublished changes, click Discard Unpublished Changes and then click Yes.
- To implement your changes, in the breadcrumb trail, click the Workspace link and then click Save and Publish.
For more information, see Publishing containers.