You can edit the contact records for which you have editing permissions.
When multiple users have editing permissions for a contact record and attempt to save changes at the same time (including moving the record), the Edit Lock feature prevents Save conflicts from occurring. This means that you cannot save your changes (or move a record) while another user is editing the same contact. A warning appears, advising you of the situation. You can cancel your request and attempt the request again later, or discard your changes and return later to redo them. If you have administrator permissions, the warning has an Unlock option to release the lock. The changes made by the other user are not saved.
To edit a contact record
- Click the More tab and select Address Book.
- Select the contact record that you want to modify and click Edit.
The contact details appear on the Edit tab.
- Modify the fields as required.
If you are making extensive changes, you can click Refresh to see the effect on the record.
- Do one of the following:
- To submit the current changes, but continue working on the record to make further changes, click Save.
- To save and close the form, click Submit.