Defining rules using date ranges
You can define rules using date ranges to identify the records that a rule should affect.
Make sure that the necessary date fields have been configured in the appropriate container.
To define a rule using a date range
- Open the item where you want to define the rule:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the appropriate section, click the container that you want to modify or click Manage to open the container Administration page. Then double-click the container.
The container details page appears.
- In the left pane, click the item link (such as Record Definitions in workspaces).
The Items page appears.
- Double-click the item that you want to modify.
The Item details page appears.
- In the left pane, click Business Rules.
Icons for the rules associated with this item appears in the right pane.
- Click New Business Rule and select the appropriate rule type.
The Rule Builder page appears. For detailed information about configuring different types of rules, see Types of business rules.
- In the Business Rule Name field, enter a descriptive name for this rule.
- (Optional) In the Description field, type a useful description for this field.
- In the Business Rule Schedule field, accept the default of Run Any Time, or select from custom schedules defined for this container.
- In the Triggers section, define the action or event that should trigger this rule.
- In the Criteria section:
- Click Add new condition.
- Select Created On.
- In the Condition field, select range.
- In the Value field, select the appropriate value such as today or last week.
- Click Create.
- In the Actions section:
- Click Add new action.
- In the Action field, select Set field value.
- In the Method field, select Set field value.
- Select a field and enter the new value.
- Click Create.
- (Optional) To define colors for certain date ranges (such as setting all tickets dated last month to red), repeat steps a-e, selecting Set color in the Action field and selecting a color.
- Click Save.
Publish the container to implement your changes:
- In the breadcrumb trail, click the container link.
- Click Save and Publish.
A confirmation message appears.
- Click Yes.
The Publication Succeeded message appears, showing the number of errors and warnings.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you