Defining rules for setting field values
You can define rules that replace one text string with another.
To define a rule for setting field values
- Open the item where you want to define the rule:
- In the appropriate section, click the container that you want to modify, or click Manage to open the container Administration page. Then double-click the container.
- In the left pane, click the item link (such as Record Definitions in workspaces).
The Items page appears.
- Double-click the item that you want to modify.
The Item details page appears.
- In the left pane, click Business Rules.
Icons for the rules associated with this item appear in the right pane.
- Click New Business Rule and select the appropriate rule type.
The Rule Builder page appears. For detailed information about configuring different types of rules, see Types of business rules.
- In the Business Rule Name field, enter a descriptive name for this rule.
- (Optional) In the Description field, type a useful description.
- In the Business Rule Schedule field, accept the default of Run Any Time or select from custom schedules defined for this container.
- In the Triggers section, select the action that will trigger this rule.
- In the Criteria section, select any conditions for this rule.
- In the Actions section:
- Click Add new action.
- In the Action field, select Set field value.
- In the Method field, accept the Set field value setting or select a different method.
- In the next field, select the field that you want to change.
- In the Value field, enter the replacement text.
If you want to insert a field variable, select it from the Field variables list, and click Insert.
- Click Create.
- Click Save.
Publish the container to implement your changes:
In the breadcrumb trail, click the container link.
Click Save and Publish.
A confirmation message appears.
The Publication Succeeded message appears, showing the number of errors and warnings.