Creating survey questions
You can create multiple-choice survey questions using Single Select field types. One field is configured for each question, where the field title contains the question and the values represent the possible answers. Also, if you create survey questions using the Single Select field type, you cannot use the data to calculate the aggregate the values in a report. For detailed information on fields, see Configuring fields with selection lists.
Free-form text-entry fields can also be created for customers by adding Text fields. For more information, see Configuring fields.
Instructions can be added to a survey form using a Label form control. This task is described later in this process. For more information, see Adding questions and instructions to survey forms.
To create multiple-choice questions using Single Select fields
- Open the survey that you want to modify:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Workspaces section, click the name of the workspace or click Manage to open the Workspace Administration page. Then double-click the workspace.
The Workspace details page appears.
- In the left pane, click Record Definitions.
The Items page appears.
- Double-click the survey item.
The survey details page appears.
- In the left pane, click Fields.
- Click Add > Add field or Add > Add Shared Field.
The Field details page appears.
- In the Singular Name field, enter a survey question.
For example: "Rate the level of service you received from 1 (low) to 10 (high)".
- In the Field Type field, select an appropriate field type.
- (Optional) In the Permissions field, select the required permissions for the question.
- (Optional) In enter text in the Mouseover Text and Help Text fields.
- (Optional) To select a default value, in the Default Value field, select the initial value (for example, 10 = Highest).
- In the Choices section, enter the multiple-choice responses for the survey question (one per line) and click Add choice(s).
For example: 1=Lowest, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10=Highest.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps to create fields for each additional question and response until your survey is complete.
- Publish the workspace to implement your changes:
- In the breadcrumb trail, click the Workspace link.
- Click Save and Publish.
A confirmation message appears.
The Publication Succeeded message appears, showing the number of errors and warnings.
Remember to update the user role permissions to allow the appropriate users to access the new survey. For more information, see Configuring users.