Creating address books
You can create as many address books as you need to manage your contacts.
When you create a new container, by default, all the user roles in the container are assigned access to the out-of-the-box items.
To create an address book
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Address Books section, click Create.
The Create new Address Book dialog box appears.
- In the Container Name field, type a name for this address book.
(Optional) To use an existing template:
Select Create from Template.
A file selection field appears.
Click Browse and select an XML template file.
- Do either of the following:
- To configure the address book further before publishing, click Create.
- To publish the address book now and configure it later, click Create and publish.
The Address Book details page appears. The new address book is designated as a FootPrints internal address book by default.
- Configure the settings for the address book.
You can modify the fields shown in the right pane or click a link in the left pane to work with contact items, relationships, shared fields, and so on. For more information about these options, see:
- If you want to use an external address book, follow the instructions in the Related topics.