Configuring item appearance
You can assign color to an item and add an icon that appears in the Visualization pane of the Impact Analysis page. The color and icon appear only for records created after you change the visual attributes; existing records are not changed.
The following topics are provided:
To configure the appearance of an item
- Open the item that you want to modify:
- Click the Administration tab.
In the appropriate section, click the container that you want to modify, or click Manage to open the container Administration page. Then double-click the container.
The container details page appears.
- In the left pane, click the item link (such as Record Definitions for workspaces or Contacts for address books).
The Items page appears.
- Double-click the item that you want to modify.
The Item details page appears.
- In the left pane, click Visual Attributes.
- In the Specify a custom color field, enter a color number or click one of the color boxes to the right.
The specified color appears in the Color Preview box.
- In the Specify an icon to represent this item field, click Browse to select the icon file.
The selected icon appears in the Icon Preview box.
- Click Save.
- Publish the container to implement your changes:
In the breadcrumb trail, click the container link.
Click Save and Publish.
A confirmation message appears.
The Publication Succeeded message appears, showing the number of errors and warnings.
To verify that the color and logo work as you expected, you must create a new record and view the Visualization pane of the Impact Analysis tab.
To verify your changes
- Create a new record from the container Home page where you changed the visual attributes.
For example, if you added color or a logo to a Ticket item in a workspace, click the Home tab and then click New > Workspace/Ticket.
- Click Save.
- Select the record and click View or Edit.
- Click Actions > Show Impact Analysis.
The Impact Analysis pane appears.
- Click Visualization.
- Verify that the expected changes appear.
- Exit the record.