Configuring help finder widgets
You can configure "help finder" widgets that list the Help topics that users are most like to need, right in their FootPrints portal. When they click a link in the list, that topic opens in a new window. They can browse and search the wiki for additional information. Clicking the Back button in the browser window returns them to their default portal.
To create a help finder widget
- Open the console where you want to add the widget.
- Drag a Custom HTML widget on to the left pane.
- In the Title field, enter a descriptive title, such as "Help Finder".
- In the HTML Code field:
- Type the instructions for the users, such as "Click a link to view the Help. Click the Back arrow in your browser to return."
- Add the list of links that are most useful to the users who will see this widget.You can copy and paste from the sample lists below. If you prefer to work in the source code, click the double-right arrow at the top of the field and select Source.
For a suggested list of links sorted by user role, see Sample link lists.
- (Optional) Format the widget text as desired, using the options at the top of the field.You can also insert formatting tags in the source code.
- When your widget content is ready, click Save.
- If the console is not already assigned to the portal where you want users to see it:
- Open the portal and move the console to the Selected field.
- Click Save.
The new widget will be visible to your users the next time they refresh the page or log in.
Sample link lists
The following table lists the topics most often used by different types of users.