Configuring Global Ticket subscription
You can configure the options for allowing users to subscribe to Global Tickets. Agents can subscribe for themselves and other users, but customers can subscribe only for themselves. If a user is not authorized to create tickets and tries to subscribe to Global Tickets, an error message appears.
To enable users to subscribe to Global Tickets, two permissions (under Item Permissions) must be assigned for their roles: Subscribe to Global Ticket and Create Item. In addition, you must create a Global Link for Item relationship in the workspace and define a business rule for linking the ticket to the contact.
Assigning the Subscribe to Global Ticket permission allows users to create linked tickets that are linked to the selected Global Ticket. When users are assigned this permission, Subscribe hyperlinks appear in ticket lists that include Global Tickets and a Subscribe button appears when they view or edit a Global Ticket. You can customize the button label to better suit your business process.
The Subscribe button or link appears in:
- Views and widgets included in consoles
- Saved Search results
- Global Ticket View and Edit mode
Multiple rule impact
The Subscribe to Global operation may trigger other rules that have On Create triggers. Rules with Upon item copy and On Create as part of a copy/move triggers are not affected.
The following topics are provided:
The primary key field in the related address book is User ID. If the primary key is not User ID, duplicate subscriptions might occur.
To configure Global Ticket subscription
- Assign permissions as follows:
- The Create item permission to the appropriate users. This permission is needed so they can create new tickets that are linked to the selected Global Ticket. For more information, see Creating Agent roles and Creating Customer roles.
- The Subscribe to Global Ticket permission for Agent and Customer roles and for the specific Ticket items. The Copy/Move permission is not required.
- Configure a Global Link for Item relationship in the workspace or the Subscribe button and hyperlinks will not be available to your users. For detailed instructions, see Configuring relationships.
- Define a business rule for linking the ticket to the appropriate contact (the user who subscribes to the ticket). For detailed instructions, see Defining rules for identifying Global Ticket subscribers.
- To test your settings, follow the instructions in Creating tickets that are linked to Global Tickets (for Agent roles) and Subscribing to Global Tickets (for Customer roles).