Configuring an address book for Salesforce.com
FootPrints can be configured to access and display contact data from the Salesforce.com CRM solution. Most Salesforce.com fields are character fields. If you map a different field type from FootPrints to a Salesforce.com field, FootPrints correctly performs integer (and other) searches, but for best performance, you should map only character fields.
For best results, value lists and field lengths should be the same in FootPrints and in Salesforce.com.
External Address Book license required
This option is available only if you have purchased the External Address Book license, an add-on to FootPrints. For more information, contact a BMC sales representative or your local distributor.
To create an address book for Salesforce.com
Open the address book and contact item that you want to configure:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Address Books section, click the address book name or click Manage to open the Address Book Administration page. Then, double-click the address book.
The Address Book details page appears.
- In the left pane, click Contacts.
- Double-click the contact item that you want to configure.
- In the left pane, click Address Book Options.
- Select Salesforce.com.
The Configure External Source button becomes active.
- Click Configure External Source.
- In the User ID and Password fields, enter the credentials provided by Salesforce.com for connecting to their system.
- To use a proxy server:
- Select Use Proxy.
- In the Proxy Address field, enter the IP address for the proxy server.
- In the Port field, enter the port number used to connect to this server.
- In the Security Token field, enter the token provided for logging into Salesforce.com.
- Click Connect.
The system attempts to connect to the Salesforce server. If the system is successful, the mapping section becomes active.
- Map the Salesforce fields to the Footprints Address Book Fields by clicking an entry in the Salesforce Fields column and selecting the matching field.
For more information, see Working with mappings.
- Click Save.
After you save the record, the Server User ID and Password fields become read-only. You can return to this page at any time to update the server credentials.
Publish the address book to implement your changes:
In the breadcrumb trail, click the Address Book link.
Click Save and Publish.
A confirmation message appears.
The Publication Succeeded message appears, showing the number of errors and warnings.